New design - need opinions and suggestion

conwy soarer

conwy soarer

Yeah just good ol solarfilm ironed straight on, I personally prefer Profilm/Orafilm but the local fish shop is also s model shop and he only stocks solarfilm stuff.Jon

conwy soarer

A bit more progress today, I am hoping to flight test it later on in the week. If all goes well I will make a second prototype and take more time doing also I want to revise the radio layout in the second prototype. I will also add a rudder as on this one its fixed - for various reasons.P1030400.jpg

conwy soarer

Its finished apart from a few minor things, will hopefully have its maiden chuck this week - I will try and persuaded my wife to come along to record the event so watch this space.

P1030406.jpg

P1030412.jpg

P1030408.jpg

Looks good ,       Although the rudder looks very close to the AMT.                 must be just the camera angle .clap.gifclap.gif                   Bob

conwy soarer

No rudder on this first one, the second one will have a rudder I am away from my home workshop and didnt have any closed loop stuff here and wanted to test fly it so the rudder is fixed. On the second model with the rudder there will be angles cut on the AMT to clear rudder movement.

Sorry m8 ,           I thought it had rudder because it looked hinged confused.gif.                                          Forgive my ignorance ,                                  But it still looks good grin.gif                       Bob                                              

isoaritfirst

Gelert are manufacturers of loads of things that people throw into fields, usually when its very windy and wet!

isoaritfirst said:

Gelert are manufacturers of loads of things that people throw into fields, usually when its very windy and wet!
named after the dog ..............

Gonesoaring2003

satinet said:

Gelert was indeed a dog as the wise Andy says.Rather than rely on my hazy memory you can read about it here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelert There is an "outdoor" company called Gelert and there is a Gelert shop in Beddgelert, which is in Snowdonia, North Wales.
Ok so I guess the only question left is one only Jon can answer:- Why is a legendary dog splashed across the wing of his OD?

Are you sure its a Rucksack          And Not a                            Doggy bag !!!!!!!!                                           Bob

conwy soarer

Gonesoaring2003 said:

Ok so I guess the only question left is one only Jon can answer:- Why is a legendary dog splashed across the wing of his OD?

Not really sure why the name Gelert popped into my head when thinking of the name, not really that keen on Gelert Outdoor Gear I am more of a North Face man really.

It might have something to do with the fact that I had two 50+ kg dogs trying to slepp at my feet as I was doing the initial drawings or it could be that I had been talking about the Gelert story to some of the kids in school. I figured that as I live not far from Beddgelert and quite like the story the name would do. Jon