SE & E Slopes near Rugby, Warwickshire

MikeDaBike

there are set flying areas on the Mynd ....thats how you can have the multitude of disciplines without to much agro ...and its also a condition of the NT letting us fly there ..........but there are other places to go other than the Mynd ......grin.gif

Had a great day out at Bertie Dassett this afternoon. Have just ordered an upgrade to lipo for the DX8 and various other goodies. Hopefully they'll arrive for the weekend. Online shopping is always a bit dangerous ...eek.gif

slopeflyer said:

Think I might go to Dirty Bassett.Don't tell porkies. Surely there is another westerly somewhere..?
Ivinghoe has a good westerly I'm told, but I have been warned by a local that it's frustrating at weekends because of an excess of the models who shall not be named.... In fairness to BD you can usually fly without too much bother in that regard.

Had a great day out at Bertie Dassett this afternoon. Have just ordered an upgrade to lipo for the DX8 and various other goodies. Hopefully they'll arrive for the weekend. Online shopping is always a bit dangerous ...eek.gifNice one. Working tommorrow? Or flying?I think I'll take the 20 to Dasset/Edge tommorrow, she is looking good. Been messing a bit more and have new linkages on there now so the rons/flaps/vator are rock solid/accurate and slop free. Plus I have a pilot. Weather permitting I 'may' chuck the old girl. Woohoo.

slopeflyer said:

Think I might go to Dirty Bassett.Don't tell porkies. Surely there is another westerly somewhere..?
Ivinghoe has a good westerly I'm told, but I have been warned by a local that it's frustrating at weekends because of an excess of the models who shall not be named.... In fairness to BD you can usually fly without too much bother in that regard.Agreed. Dirty Bassett is much maligned but good enough for pretty much anything ( if you are brave enough).

Im starting to get worried Jimbo ........wobbly servos   and flat batteries ........should I bring a bin bag on Sunday .....eek.gifAre you flying? If so, it's always wise to bring one just in case.

wasnt a day for the feint hearted on pole cott today ........constant 35mph with gusts upto 45 ........no Duo flying .....did manage to give the Stingray some stick though ....with all the ballast ....!!!   must have been smack on 7.5kg ...shh.gif

MikeDaBike said:

Looks good. You out tomorrow ? Looking at the wind, sunday looks like nw so edge hill would be good ? Mike
Not tommorrow. Yeah Sun is good, looks like the mynd may be blown out. If that is the case then edge would indeed be good.

slopeflyer said:

MikeDaBike said:

Looks good. You out tomorrow ? Looking at the wind, sunday looks like nw so edge hill would be good ? Mike
Not tommorrow. Yeah Sun is good, looks like the mynd may be blown out. If that is the case then edge would indeed be good.

you what?

Ermmm, 35 mph is at least 10 mph more than I've ever flown in. Edge Hill might be hence more appropriate ; just love landing there for some reason. Let's see how the weather is on Sunday then ?

Just checked the forecast, xc says 16mph. That would prolly be min 25 on the mynd. That would be good. Xc has direction as wnw/w so edge would be ok, but a poss a bit over tje trees to the left. Forecast for tommorrow is 22 but if storms blow over it could underestimate.