Something old, something new, something rather nice

Phil.Taylor

The colours may or may not happen, but meanwhile - the undersides needed some tape of approximately the right colour - white just didnt look right

amazing what you can find on fleabay

Phil.

Yep - pure white is certainly classy & shows off the shape - I'm in no hurry to decorate it

got pretty muddy last time out though  :)

The colours may or may not happen, but meanwhile - the undersides needed some tape of approximately the right colour - white just didnt look right

amazing what you can find on fleabay

Phil.

attachicon.gif Magenta.jpg

I wish more people would pay attention to this detail: I'm always seeing photos of planes being flown with clashing leccy tape. Eek!

got pretty muddy last time out though  :)

There's your answer then: splash some "designer mud" all over it, and it'll cut down on time spent cleaning....

Ha ha, I was thinking more of the stuff the yummy mummies get splattered onto their Range Rovers over at the horse stables so as to justify the fact that they drive a huge 4X4 in central London... 

Its all finished & ready to fly !

new plane - ready for the New Year

Phil.

attachicon.gifFinished_1.jpgattachicon.gifFinished_2.jpgattachicon.gifFinished_3.jpg

It'll fly as a "plain white tee" for a while - then it needs a nice new colour scheme

suggestions anyone?

http://www.barcs.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=1180

Hi Phil.

Time for Mondrian to go into his elliptical phase, failing that the sunburst bottom left gets my vote.

Fire retardant tape to hold the wings on? Have you got some tricks up your sleeve that you are telling us about?

What about one of those fake sponsorship-style liveries? They seemed all the rage a while ago for one's Stingray.

My twist on that theme would be to look for slightly 'off colour' businesses to 'sponsor' my aeroplane. But then my humour isn't to everyone's taste...

Maybe a 'suggest a sponsor' competition could be amusing? ;)

What about one of those fake sponsorship-style liveries? They seemed all the rage a while ago for one's Stingray.

My twist on that theme would be to look for slightly 'off colour' businesses to 'sponsor' my aeroplane. But then my humour isn't to everyone's taste...

Maybe a 'suggest a sponsor' competition could be amusing? ;)

Smarties  :)

Smarties  :)

I did start by playing with coloured ellipses..

not very inspiring though - just looks like blobs stuck on - dont wanna be Mr.Blobby_2

Frank Stella?

Thanks John - good inspiration

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Frank+Stella&hl=en&tbo=d&rlz=1R2ADFA_enGB467&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=swPsUN7BC-7M0AX8nIDYBQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=1366&bih=593

he did one of the BMW art cars too

and this one

plenty of arcs in his work, but he didnt get onto ellipses either !

Phil.