Lundy Slopefest 2013

Lundylynda

Their was a young Lady from Trowbridge ...............

LOL what rhymes with Trowbridge then Chris ????.......... :D

There was a man who brought whisky to Lundy............................... :party:

Errr, you sure about the Limerick comp Lynda ;) . Just like my essay for 'personality of the week' vote, my Limerick might go on a bit :D

Limmericks x 10 are allowed .... :) You have......... how many days to prepare ?? I havnt looked at the calendar recently :)

I think these Limmericks should be based on Lundyites.. though.............

There was a man who thought he was a goat......

The demise of poor gromit was thus.................

Poor Graham who thought he was Geoff........

;) :party:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130727T00&p0=299&msg=Lundy+Slopefest+2013&csz=1 297 days :) :party:

Have looked at the Landmark Trust website and a wide range of accomodation is available for anyone wishing to stay on the Island. Still two barn spaces for those who enjoy a communal, supportive, and 'fun-loving' atmosphere.

Just to say .. you dont have to be a good flyer to come..we do plenty of sports flying...and the competitions are all optional.

The Island offers... swimming........................walking........bird watching...................climbing............ :) :party:

Anyone wiishing to know more please PM me and I will give you a call:)

• Like 1

Pete Burgess

The Island offers... climbing............ :) :party:

You mean from the jetty to the Marisco? Well the last part seems like a climb :eek:

• Like 1

You mean from the jetty to the Marisco? Well the last part seems like a climb :eek:

No I dont mean that climb lol:) :eek: The Devils slide offers a challenge ( a hard to severe 4C rated climb) to the intrepid and fearless explorer..... there are also opportunties for snorkling as Andy will verify, and swimming with seals as Paul and Geoff can testify too!

Of course those intererested in taking a perfect photograph, then the sunsets , the flora and fauna , and of course the wild life in the barn and Tavern has to be observed.

So as you can see...its not all about flying ( although you can do this from dawn to dusk) , it's about a holiday, your break..... whatever you want it to be........

You can walk the Island for the day with a lovely picnic .. you can search for the 30 or so Lundy postboxes, or even do a bit of fishing with Joe! Or challenge me to a game of Backgammon !

With no cars, no light polution ( for star gazing)......and all the P & Q ( ok ..not necessarily in the Barn) you could want ... its a perfect setting for a lovely break.

We have light hearted events running thoughout the week that you can attend.... or just do your 'own thing'.....

:party:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rob

Yep there are 2 Barn spaces for next year so if you are interested..........just PM me with your contact details and I will fill you in on all the details.

Lundylynda

I just my have to do Lundy next year! Any free spaces? When is it happening?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Good to hear of your interest in joining us nxt yr Rob B) . Your not another Midlander though are you ;) LOL

Stu.