Pitbull 2

Graeme_M

2 minutes ago, Martin Church said:

Does seem a rather strange offer Les that you can buy extra time in overtime & weekends to get a model in 3 weeks.

If everybody did that who’s getting there's first surely it’s first come first served first then a limited number of quick turn around for the wealthy.

Well you'd think it would be first come first served. 

I put the order back in May before they had released the model.

I was told by Pavel I would receive one of the first few models to be made,well that definitely hasn't happened. 

14 minutes ago, pete beadle said:

Hi

And after having charged you 450 euros to ship the model to you quicker! Not very professional of them, is it? I assume the ones that have paid the 450 will be demanding a refund?:frantics::yes:.....

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

I don’t think Les paid the extra 450 Euros.  But it is a little unfair on those that paid the normal, but full price if they keep getting bumped down the order by those paying the premium, when the website clearly says the premium is to pay for weekend and overtime working.  If he’s not honouring that, its a bit of win-win for Baudis, at the expense of the average buyer.

Simon

• Like 2

Martin Church

Why would the ones who’ve paid their 450 Euro ask for refunds they are the ones who will likely get their model. I could have ordered one last week paid my 450 Euro & expect to get my model before Xmas. The payement is to apparently pay for the workers to work over time & weekends.

What if they don’t want to work longer hours? I think it’s a bad business model & you end up with unhappy customers who are more likely next time to buy a free styler 10-20 or whatever it is now 😉

• Like 1

I haven't paid an extra €450 and I wouldn't to get a model,they are not cheap as they are.

They should honour the people that have paid up front like myself and been on board from the start.

3 hours ago, Martin Church said:

Why would the ones who’ve paid their 450 Euro ask for refunds they are the ones who will likely get their model. I could have ordered one last week paid my 450 Euro & expect to get my model before Xmas. The payement is to apparently pay for the workers to work over time & weekends.

What if they don’t want to work longer hours? I think it’s a bad business model & you end up with unhappy customers who are more likely next time to buy a free styler 10-20 or whatever it is now 😉

Sorry but i can assume you have never dealt with tud model. Getting a freestyler can be measured in ice ages compared to baudis. You're comparing maybe the easiest mouldy company to deal with to perhaps the hardest.

baudis is no shop egg. He's realised time scale is a big issue with moldies and he's making a profit from it. 

I've waited 2 years for a model before.

Martin Church

Tom I heard around the same time Graham announced he was getting a pitbull ll for Xmas that a certain someone else contacted Tud & was told they could have a Free Styler for Xmas. So I’m not sure where your comment of ice ages is coming from 😉 

unless that is they were talking about Xmas 2020 😳

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, satinet said:

Sorry but i can assume you have never dealt with tud model. Getting a freestyler can be measured in ice ages compared to baudis. You're comparing maybe the easiest mouldy company to deal with to perhaps the hardest.

baudis is no shop egg. He's realised time scale is a big issue with moldies and he's making a profit from it. 

I've waited 2 years for a model before.

Your missing the point Tom.

With Baudis  they let you know that they are ready to build your plane and send you a pay invoice.

Once you have paid usually with in one month your plane has been built and dispatched.

They told me five weeks ago that the all parts have been made and the installation of the wings has been completed. 

So two weeks later I email to find out when they are going to dispatch said model.

Email reply says we just need to finish of installation of fuselage,this is now five weeks later.

It only two servos and two carbon push rods.

I believe myself it hasn't even been built and they are pushing forward the models that people have paid the extra for fast turn around.

I really hope this isn't the case because if I find out it is it shall be my last purchase from them.

15 minutes ago, Martin Church said:

Tom I heard around the same time Graham announced he was getting a pitbull ll for Xmas that a certain someone else contacted Tud & was told they could have a Free Styler for Xmas. So I’m not sure where your comment of ice ages is coming from 😉 

Good luck with that!

11 minutes ago, Les said:

Your missing the point Tom.

With Baudis  they let you know that they are ready to build your plane and send you a pay invoice.

Once you have paid usually with in one month your plane has been built and dispatched.

They told me five weeks ago that the all parts have been made and the installation of the wings has been completed. 

So two weeks later I email to find out when they are going to dispatch said model.

Email reply says we just need to finish of installation of fuselage,this is now five weeks later.

It only two servos and two carbon push rods.

I believe myself it hasn't even been built and they are pushing forward the models that people have paid the extra for fast turn around.

I really hope this isn't the case because if I find out it is it shall be my last purchase from them.

I see where you're coming from but down the years I've grown used to it. The rest are far worse. 

• Like 1

Tom ..you know aswell as me that it depends who you are with all the manufacturers .Martin I can pretty much guarantee that if you wanted a Freestyler you wouldn't have it for Xmas ,now if you were a team pilot or a leading light in F3B.

For me its tarnished Jiri's reputation a little ,maybe if John hadn't been on his factory tour they could have put more time into your Pitbull Les :whistle:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Martin Church said:

I’ve asked for mine to be delivered in Jan rather than run the risk of a Christmas delivery.

I must say though, their communication’s dropped off, it’s taking several mails to get any response at the moment, even to pay them deposite money!! They must be busy. 

G

31 minutes ago, Alibabaj said:

I’ve asked for mine to be delivered in Jan rather than run the risk of a Christmas delivery.

I must say though, their communication’s dropped off, it’s taking several mails to get any response at the moment, even to pay them deposite money!! They must be busy. 

G

I would of done the same G but mine should of been delivered along time ago.

What a great business model Baudismodel has. Lol

we all want his models so he puts the price up to get them at a normal delivery pace. Smart work if you can get it !

and while he is at it delay the people paying normal price and ignor there emails even if they have paid. 

That’s also the other problem is when we purchase we don’t have a contract with the supplier and that way as long as he eventually delivers he isn’t in breach of any contract. 

John maidened his PB2 today at Whitesheet, whent away clean as a whistle.

Initial observations... It seemed to have a nice natural pace about it, the turns were tight without any significant loss of speed (unballasted)  With the CG @104 pitch looked crisp, it also has a good roll rate, better than the PB1 according to John. Chris took some video which he’ll  post later.

G

019EA3BA-EACF-48D5-BA5E-E0C614189D89.thumb.jpeg.0775b2a15df085a785ea3e8c977183b0.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alibabaj said:

John maidened his PB2 today at Whitesheet, whent away clean as a whistle.

Initial observations... It seemed to have a nice natural pace about it, the turns were tight without any significant loss of speed (unballasted)  With the CG @104 pitch looked crisp, it also has a good roll rate, better than the PB1 according to John. Chris took some video which he’ll  post later.

G

019EA3BA-EACF-48D5-BA5E-E0C614189D89.thumb.jpeg.0775b2a15df085a785ea3e8c977183b0.jpeg

Nice one John

Hope you enjoyed your first flight of the new Pitbull2.

That green looks well good.

Hopefully I'll be competing with mine very soon .

That's as long as we get a comp on the Mynd.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Les said:

That green looks well good.

Hopefully I'll be competing with mine very soon ..

To be honest Les the picture doesn’t do the colour justice, the orange wiggle is luminous!

I must admit I was unsure when I saw the first pictures, however in the flesh it’s a good colour combination.

G

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Martin Church said:

Current waiting list for the FS5 is August '18 but bound to get affected as orders come in from team members flying in the F3F WC which they will prioritise. Think the same will happen at baudis early next year.

• Like 1

John - well done on the maiden - looking forward to seeing it flying.

Re. delivery times from major moldie producers - worrying stuff - what is the average slope Joe (aka non-team member) supposed to do these days? - just wait - and wait -- or go fetch? What happened to that Baudis "delivered when he said it would be"? - documented on here in times gone by

Phil.