BMFA F3F League 5 Hole of Horcum on 1st October 2017

mtreble

Registered, looking forward to seeing you all again.

Its been some time since I was at HOH, lets hope this time it goes a bit better than the last. :thumbsup:

I've registered too.

It was my first time using the link so I may not have things correct though. For 'Insurance' I entered my BMFA membership number and for models I entered my Pike WR, Willow and Minivec. I doubt I'll bring all three, just whatever gets fixed up first...

Will it be a problem if I end up bringing something else entirely? 

Tony :frantics:

14 hours ago, mtreble said:

Bring anything you want Tony.

Mark,

Remeber there are rules which models must comply to I.e nose radius, wing loading etc. definitely don't want anyone put off but also wouldn't want to see a pilot cause damage and find insurance is invalid etc.

Martin

• Thanks 1

Thanks Martin!

I'm aware of the nose radius rule, not too sure of the others but I'm pretty sure none of my gliders are 5kg or heavily loaded. 

I've had some good flights in the winter league with my Sunbird but there is no provision for ballast so I can't get it going quick. 

My minivec has ballast and I can comfortably fly it fast, just not on the pace of you guys. 

My Pike is repaired but I need to check the flap servos. One was playing up though maybe it was a low battery causing problems. 

My Willow is probably the best suited. Ballasted up it's pretty good but it has some damage to the fuselage turtle deck that I need to reinforce before racing it. 

Tony :( 

On 22/09/2017 at 10:05, SilentPilot said:

I'm aware of the nose radius rule, not too sure of the others but I'm pretty sure none of my gliders are 5kg or heavily loaded. 

For Clarity - see  7.2.5 Characteristics of Model Aircraft 

http://www.gbsra.co.uk/_app_/resources/documents/www.gbsra.co.uk/2017/Rul17-SF.pdf

23 minutes ago, Peter G said:

The forecast is looking quite promising for Sunday with 20mph plus winds on the bowl :)

Any more coming? Where is Sloper Bagoo?

:frantics:

20 hours ago, Peter G said:

The forecast is looking quite promising for Sunday with 20mph plus winds on the bowl :)

Any more coming? Where is Sloper Bagoo?

lanzarote :(

List is building... up to 12 now. :thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, Sloper said:

That's just an excuse Rich, you're just worried I would have beaten you... :poke: . As I'm at work, maybe I should stop day dreaming and actually do some work before I get my P45 :D and set myself up to be firmly put in my place next time we do fly together, haha.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sloper said:

I don't know if this champagne lifestyle suits you Rich !? Phil Collins, Lanzarote, what ever next...

Stiff competion has arrived now in the form of John Treble, Greg and JP so I think we will be OK without you now. Have a good one :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1