F3F Personal Best (Pb) Times - Record Yours Here!

simon_t

• 3 months later...

There are lots of people behind you, Lee, who haven't reported their times. They're just not as ambitious as you!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Brett82 said:

Hi Simon 

New entrant for the list with a 50.3 please. Thanks.

Brett Larrett 

Sorry Simon, forgot to say 20/08/16, BMFA Nationals, HOH south bowl. 

• 3 weeks later...

Updated (Full table in Post #1)

Some new entries, and new Table Leader, Stefan Bertschi - I had the pleasure of watching that flight!

Simon

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi Simon, could you add me to the list at next update.  Got to start somewhere, so it's

44.72, Race M, Southern winter league R5, White Sheet SW

Now trying to figure out how to get more than 900g ballast into it for the next 30mph breeze that comes along!

Thanks

Nigel Witchalls

• Like 2

There's an article in BMFA News three or four issues ago with details of a wing ballast tube installation. I'll PM it to you tomorrow. If I forget, remind me! 

• Like 1

Here are a couple of photos of my RaceM wing installation. 

16 slugs of 10x10x85 brass + 4 spacers of 10x20x85 plywood. The brass weighs 1127g.IMG_0577.JPG.eb292aa4e8e3f0c8aabf935e64942d17.JPG

And here are the wing roots with tubes installed. It looks as if I haven't finished this installation off because I haven't, but I've flown it many times like this. In the BMFA article I showed a Rotmilan installation. The RaceM is easier because the wing is thicker, and the tubes can just be butted up to the joiner box. Adding ballast then makes very little or no difference to the CG. If anything it will bring it forward a little, which is not such a bad thing. The tubes are a little larger than 10x20 internal cross section, and 2x85=170mm internal length. I think I am right in remembering that this is the most they can be without intruding on the flap servo well.

IMG_0581.thumb.JPG.943efe9fd41466d05ce354263a5a48da.JPG

• 2 months later...

Hi Simon

Please can you update my PB to 39.68. BMFA Round 2 Wales 2017 flying a Skorpion DSL. Thanks.

Brett

• 2 months later...
On 22/05/2017 at 13:41, Brett82 said:

Hi Simon

Please can you update my PB to 39.68. BMFA Round 2 Wales 2017 flying a Skorpion DSL. Thanks.

Brett

@simon_t

Bump

• 8 months later...

Hi @simon_t

Please can you update my new PB, 38.63. 

22nd April 18, Lavisham (HOH), BMFA league round 1. Flying a Fosa. Result spreadsheet on GBSRA. Thanks. 

Brett Larrett

• Like 2

Well done Brett - keep nibbling away at that PB!

Spreadsheet in post #1 of this thread has been updated.  I also put Nigel W's in, although I suspect he has a much better PB since he posted in this thread.  Any other claims please post with all the details in this thread.

Simon

• Thanks 1