F3F WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2016

Les

Ah we like a good protest 

Lets hope its a fun start tomorrow, hopefully my little finger will have stoped bleeding by then :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fpljohn said:

Ah we like a good protest 

Lets hope its a fun start tomorrow, hopefully my little finger will have stoped bleeding by then :(

Big girl😄

• Like 1

Just finishing 2nd group. Wind speed is lower, very crossed and very variable. 44, 47 and 53 for me, Martin, Simon, with a 38 just done with strong thermal assistance (and good flying to take advantage of it). Looking like a very tough day, but still great to be out in good f3f conditions.

• Like 1

Conditions steadied a little at around 13m/s. Decent times for us (41, 42, 44) last round but still being hammered by thermals coming through.

3rd round underway, 44 for Martin so far.

Bit more relaxed today without being blown about as much.

• Like 2

No air for me today so despite putting in good times for the air I get I'm going backwards as those around me get the thermals and pull 5s ahead. Thankfully Simon just put in a 37 to help our team score, Martin last to go. Guess we might fly another round after this one then final day tomorrow. (phew)

I thought the idea of having the sea slopes was to take the variability out (thermals) ..I see your not right on the beach   ...but it seems a small patch of ground makes a big difference

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy_B said:

I thought the idea of having the sea slopes was to take the variability out (thermals) ..I see your not right on the beach   ...but it seems a small patch of ground makes a big difference

Hello Andy,

the influence of thermals is less than on inland slopes. But the influence of thermals is there. Havenn't you watched circling seeguls above the see?

We have recogniced, that thermals in the back are also making variability (wind speed and direction). It is outdoor, at the coastline, too ;-)

Dieter

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, dp-air said:

Hello Andy,

the influence of thermals is less than on inland slopes. But the influence of thermals is there. Havenn't you watched circling seeguls above the see?

We have recogniced, that thermals in the back are also making variability (wind speed and direction). It is outdoor, at the coastline, too ;-)

Dieter

Hi Dieter ,

Yes I understand anything with a difference in temperature will trigger rising air , and I guess I hadnt really though of the influence from off the course .

Andy.  :)

Another very tough day for us, tending to get the lows of the good/bad air cycles - Martin continued to doing sterling service, flying an excellent course every time.  Mark just didn't get any luck with the air at all until the last round with a 37.  I had a 37 but the 53 early in the day in the worst/crossed conditions really set me back, and all the other slots were average or worse air.  My flying suffered as a result - very difficult to hit the bases when there is no grip or rhythm in the air.

But Mark is in 4th place, Martin in 11th, and me in 26, and we are 3rd in team, with a little margin over Denmark.

http://www.f3xvault.com/?action=event&function=event_view&event_id=816

Simon

• Like 5

Stefan Bertschi
18 minutes ago, Martin_N said:

John took this picture tell, just look at the shadow :)

IMG_0357.JPG

Was the first thing I spotted when I saw it on FB :-).

Aubry is claiming that it's his. But if thats true he should go to the doctor. Black as that for a caucasian male can't be right!!

• Like 3